1 / 43
Single Family Residence in South, Chilmark
Experience the ultimate luxury lifestyle at this exquisite Martha's Vineyard estate. Nestled in a private and serene location, this magnificent property offers stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and Chilmark Pond. Chilmark House, designed by Seattle-based architect Rick Sundberg and constructed by master builder Andrew Flake, merges contemporary amenities with Vineyard themes to create a truly unique living experience. Walking up to the front door you will see an enormous boulder that sits just inches away from the home. The massive stone was deposited on the property from a receding glacier long ago. As you enter the home, you will be greeted by tall ceilings, oak flooring, and natural light. From here, your eye will immediately be drawn to the walls of glass and ocean views. The modern kitchen is a chef's dream, featuring cherry cabinets, granite countertops, and appliances from Sub Zero, Miele, Wolf, and Scotsman. The family room off the kitchen boasts a custom fireplace and is ideal for casual gatherings. Adjacent to the kitchen and deck is a wonderful screened porch with high ceilings and ample room for dining and relaxing. The primary suite is a retreat in itself, featuring access to a private study with fireplace, two luxurious baths, deck and heated floors throughout. The second wing of the house includes three large guest bedrooms, two baths and a dressing room. The heated infinity pool is awe inspiring; a centerpiece of the home with elegant terrace and ocean views. Other outdoor features include the large kitchen garden, fruit trees and half-basketball court. A detached 3-bay garage and additional parking rounds out the main house. Set apart from the main house is the two-bedroom cottage, offering guests a private spot of their own. Chilmark House includes private south shore beach rights, accessible by boat from Chilmark Pond. This one-of-a-kind property, where the Obamas have vacationed, is the ultimate in luxury living. For a truly seamless transaction, all furniture, artwork and gym equipment is available for purchase. Please inquire for more details.
- Association Fee:
- Association Fee Includes:
- Fireplace Features:
- Foundation Types:
- Frontage Type:
- Interior Features:
- Link MLS Comments:
- Lot Features:
- Parking Features:
- Possible Use:
- Assessed Building Value:
- Assessed Land Value:
- The basement includes over 800 square feet of living space with custom counterscabinetssink and storage. The space is currently being used as a home gym. With its high ceilings and current layoutthe remaining lower level would be the perfect location for a media roomadditional bedroomand wine cellar. Architectural plans for lower level improvements are available with the sale of the property.
- A,AC,Ins,Irr,OShFloor 1: Designed to perfection, the main living areas enjoy views from all rooms and are flanked by the primary suite and guest bedrooms, allowing both privacy and central gathering spaces.
- South Road to Snail Road on the right. This is a private road, contact listing agent before entering.
- Easements to and from Chilmark Pond and beach rights recorded in Dukes Country Registry of DeedsAward winning landscaping, kitchen garden, fruit trees and basketball
- 3 bay garage plus additional parking
May 25, 2023
This property was most recently assessed in 2023. It has been assessed at a value of $14,455,600. The annual tax responsibility for this property is $38,000.
Contact an Agent
- Phone number
- +1 (508) 696-7777
©2022 LINK, All Rights Reserved. Not responsible for misinformation or typographical errors. Prices are subject to change without notice. Listed by Compass | The O'Hanlon Group.
Anchor RealtyApril 27, 2023
1 Clam Point Cove Road, Chilmark, MA
Price: $ 9,950,000
Anchor RealtyApril 06, 2023
94 Menemsha Inn Road, Chilmark, MA
Price: $ 9,250,000
Anchor RealtyOctober 24, 2022
94 Martha's Road, Edgartown, MA